What Should You Expect In Alcohol And Drug Rehab near Washington, D.C.
Getting help at a residential rehab facility can seem overwhelming if you’re unsure what to anticipate. Evolve Recovery Center Fairfax attempts to make everything easy and understandable to alleviate any anxiety. We know you’ll be better off in your addiction recovery if you feel secure. Learn what to expect in our alcohol and drug rehab near Washington, D.C..
In What Ways Is Rehab Different From Detox?
Numerous people confuse addiction rehab with detox, but these forms of care are indeed two different phases in the drug and alcohol recovery process.
Detox is generally the opening step in drug and alcohol recovery
Recovery cannot begin until the substance is no longer in your system. The smartest way to detox from a substance is in a medically directed detox center. This helps eliminate from your body dependence-causing substances while mitigating adverse withdrawal symptoms. As a general rule, detox:
- Takes three to 10 days to flush out addictive substances from your body.
- Relies on medical treatment to monitor your vital signs and control withdrawal symptoms.
- Starts preparing you physically and mentally for the next step in recovery.
Inpatient Rehab Allows You To Build Skills For Recovery
After the detoxification process you can move on to the next level of recovery at a residential rehab. In a facility like Evolve Recovery Center Fairfax, you will obtain 24-hour assistance to put distance between you and your drug or alcohol use. While residing in a rehab center, you will develop the psychological and cognitive skills for sobriety while your body recovers from the addiction. As a general rule, rehab:
- Takes a few weeks
- Is a protected place to stay when you’re at the greatest risk of a relapse
- Involves group counseling, individual counseling, and family therapy
- Uses prescriptions, like Suboxone or Vivitrol, to minimize cravings and symptoms of withdrawal
What To Expect In Evolve’s Drug Rehab In Washington, D.C.
From the first time you enter our building, you can expect only the highest quality of support. When you arrive, you’ll go through a personal assessment to help us ascertain how drug use has influenced you, discover any co-occurring disorders, and how to best help you. Then our highly-trained therapists use what they learn to propose therapy techniques and medication to benefit you the most.
Each day, you’ll attend group and individual therapy sessions. In therapy, you will explore:
- The root origins of your drug use
- How co-occurring disorders influence substance use
- Healthy coping devices for substance use recovery and daily living
- How to heal your relationships and life
- The next steps after rehab
What To Expect In Evolve’s Alcohol Rehab Near Washington, D.C.
Alcohol rehab has a similar approach as drug rehab. When you come to our establishment, we'll formulate a customized care plan intended to help you progress to enduring recovery. This plan could include using medication to relieve your desire to use and counseling for handling the psychological aspects of alcohol use disorders.
Much of your treatment will consist of group, individual, and family counseling. With caring counselors, you'll explore:
- The root causes of alcohol use disorder
- Dealing with mental disorders that cause addiction
- Productive coping skills
- How to repair relationships in addition to your life
- Your next steps once you’re done with rehab
The goal is that you'll be equipped for the next phase of care with the foundation of new techniques and better mental health to help you remain sober. And while your aftercare plan might include outpatient treatment, our professionals will also follow up on occasion to check that you're protected and thriving after rehab.
A Typical Day At Evolve Recovery Center
At Evolve, you’ll have a customized plan of treatment and organized routine to ensure you obtain all the assistance you need. While our clinicians will tailor their therapy to your particular situation, each patient generally follows the same routine. So you can expect a typical day at Evolve to be something like the following:
- Group therapy
- Mental health classes and life skills
- SMART Recovery or 12-step meetings
- Free time or group recreational events
Learn More About What To Expect In Drug And Alcohol Rehab In Washington, D.C.
If you or a loved one need help finding alcohol and drug rehab services, don't hesitate to contact us. Our Evolve Recovery Center Fairfax center, opening in 2024, will be ready to provide top-notch care. Until then, you can reach out to us for immediate assistance and consultation. Dial 571-556-7609 or fill out the form below and one of our team members will get back to you promptly. We're here 24/7, every day of the year.