Intervention Services For Washington, D.C., Virginia
It's heartbreaking when someone you love is battling substance use, but won’t get help. What can you do? An intervention may compel a relation or friend to understand that their substance use has an impact on others and that they ought to seek expert assistance.
If you’re contemplating an intervention for a person close to you, Evolve Recovery Center Fairfax is here for you. Contact us today to learn more about how our substance use intervention services near Washington, D.C. can guide you in staging an intervention. We’ll assist you to the assistance and experts who will aid you in getting the person in your life the help they need.
Get Your Family Member Or Friend Help With Alcohol And Drug Intervention Services In Washington, D.C.
Performing an intervention is a tricky matter. If not handled properly, you might end up pushing your friend or family member away as opposed to supporting them. Our intervention specialists in Washington, D.C. can help lead you in the right direction. We have an abundance of experience collaborating with families to persuade a relative to start or re-engage with drug or alcohol rehab.
When you contact us for intervention services, we’ll go over your exact situation and concerns. If you move forward, we provide two ways to help you have an intervention:
- An Evolve representative can assist you during a call. They will advise you on how to complete the intervention on your own. Even though your love and support can make your family member or friend admit to an issue, it can be beneficial to have a skilled provider advise on the next course of action. We’ll converse with them over the phone about what rehab program is best suited for their circumstances and underscore the consequences of avoiding help.
- Refer you to a licensed interventionist in your community. We are partnered with experienced interventionists in the Washington, D.C. community and are able to refer you to the right individual who will help you arrange an intervention. They will instruct you on how to approach your relation and stay in charge of the proceedings, so it remains beneficial.
What Does An Intervention Look Like?
If you haven't seen a drug or alcohol intervention except for on television, what might you anticipate? Here are the basic steps of the process:
- Devise a plan with a tight-knit group of people who support about your loved one: relatives, friends, clergy, or healthcare providers. An experienced interventionist will also help keep the intervention on point. Ensure you know the extent of the substance use and what you are planning as next steps.
- Request your loved one to meet you to a place without divulging your plan. Your team of supporters need to come as well.
- Communicate to your friend or relative that you and all others in the group are present because you are concerned them, and can’t let their drug or alcohol addiction ruin their life.
- Urge everyone to share how your loved one’s addiction has impacted them.
- Offer a treatment option and realistic repercussions for avoiding treatment. Hold firm if they react in a defensive manner. A professional interventionist is able to help steer this communication.
- If they agree to getting care, begin the process for admitting them to rehab immediately.
Is It Possible To Do An Intervention Within Inpatient Rehab?
Addiction rehabilitation has plenty of hurdles. Sometimes clients want to quit rehab against their counselors’ guidance. While rehab center may its own way of handling the situation when an individual resists care, Evolve Recovery Center Fairfax can direct an intervention at our treatment center. We’ll invite you to participate in person or online to talk about things like:
- Why your friend or relative would like to leave early
- Why our staff believes they should remain
- The consequences -- like relapsing and overdose -- of leaving rehab early
- If a different kind of treatment is more suitable
- How Evolve staff and relatives can further support the patient to help them remain at rehab
Evolve Fairfax Can Provide Information About Interventions, Rehab, and Substance Use
Loved ones play a critical role in our addiction rehab program. Those in our care are most successful when everyone works as one for their benefit. When loved ones have questions about drug or alcohol rehab, just contact one of our knowledgeable staff members. We are able to inform you on:
- When should a loved one get addiction therapy
- The ramifications of not going to rehab
- Our intentions and treatment methodologies
- How you may support your family member in rehab
- How to deal with the stress of having someone you care about in rehab
If you want to know more about substance use rehab at Evolve in advance of enrolling a loved one, contact 571-556-7609 anytime. Our team will respond to all of your inquiries to ensure that your loved one can obtain the care they need without delay.
Inquire About Intervention Services Near Washington, D.C. Now
No person has to confront substance use disorder alone. While our Fairfax Rehab Center is set to open its doors in 2024, we remain committed to providing help and guidance in the present. If you or a person close to you needs drug or alcohol care, you can request assistance now by dialing 571-556-7609 or filling out the form below.